*TRAINING*COACHING*RECIPES*LIFE* EATING CLEAN* KIDS* GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, AND ALL THE INSANITY IN BETWEEN.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Don't believe the Hype

Sometimes we drop and hit a bottom. We all do. Everyone of us. I don't care who you are, there is always self doubt. It's pushing past that self doubt that makes us  who we are.

I hit it this morning. That stage of past tired, past giving it my all. Sinking toward the bottom and I'm  the girl who usually rallies everybody up.

Screaming, hollering, waving my hands in the air like I don't give a damn, make some nonsense for my people, kinda girl.
That's who I am.

The tank runs dry sometimes though. It did this morning and out of that came goodness, in the least likely of places.

It's not socially correct. It's not rainbows, butterflies and sunshine. It is truth.

It is a convo between a friend.
I'd thought I would share:

Me: Things I want to tweet: OH FUCKING CHRIST- you people cannot be this inspirational      every fucking day.
Does this make me a bad person?

Friend: No, this does not make you a bad person. I hate all that shit too.

Me: K.....just confirming my sanity

Friend: I'm here for you. I get the wanting to be positive bit and posting it all the time. Makes you seem like a peace and love hippie.

Me: Or full of shit

Friend: Yup

Me: Unless people are in that point in their lives that they are super happy. I get it. I have been there too.  And others, not. Just seem like there are those that JOYFULLY WORKOUT ALL THE TIME. I am being mean.

Friend: You are not being mean. You are being honest, it's patronizing and not for all athletes. You need to acknowledge the struggles and failures. It what makes you better.

Me: Yuuuuuup. It sucks to go out there A LOT of the time, but we do. It's what makes us find our strong.

Friend: Yuuuuuuuuup. Growth doesn't come from happy and succeeding, it comes from anger and failing. Make THAT a fucking bumper sticker.

Me: I fail A LOT. I pick myself A LOT. You're right. A great fucking bumper sticker.


As I am starting * Think and Grow Rich*  (insert happy here) and reading the first chapter about success and failure, never giving up, this all makes sense.

My friend is right. It's not always happy.

So, instead of sulking in my fruit loops. ( I don't actually eat those, although I DESPERATELY wish I could) My light came from an unlikely text from an unlikely person. A true athlete.

Pick yourself up. Don't believe the hype and MOVE, girl.

March ON.

Even as a coach, a mom, a rallier......

We all need to hear that from time to Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment